Did our hearts not burn within us?

Did our hearts not burn within us?

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Fw: France Update

Here is a note from Hayley who is on a missionary trip in Paris.
I just thought I would share it with you.
 
Chris
www.Reform-Shire.blogspot.com
Coram Deo!!!


Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 3:28:03 PM
Subject: France Update

      I have been gone from Wichita two weeks today, and SOO much has happened since then. For the first two days, I had orientation in Warrington, P.A. My flights were delayed so I got in like four hours later than I was supposed to. By the time I got to the house I was staying at, all of the girls who are on the France team were already asleep. I had breakfast with them the next day and realized that we would probably have no problem getting along. There were two other teams that were at orientation with us: one who is now in Cameroon, and the other in Australia. All of us (all girls) really bonded over those two days. The cool thing is that we will all be going through debriefing together at the end of our trip.
      At 9pm on the last day of our orientation, we left for Paris, with a short layover in London. We were met by two of the missionaries at the bus station right outside of Paris. For the first week, we stayed in a gite (a French holiday home) in the French countryside. It was so beautiful. The team from Spain also was there, going through training with us. Throughout the week, several of the missionaries came and spoke to us about teams, and more importantly sonship. We talked about how we are no longer orphans because of our reconciliation with God through Christ. We also talked about repentance, forgiveness, and the importance of communicating with our Father.
      As of Sunday, we are moved into our Paris apartment. We are going to language school this week, which is right in the middle of Paris. So far, it's been kind of stressful, because they only speak in French, but I feel like I'm learning a lot. Next week is the Paris Prayer Conference. Nineteen people from other countries are coming to participate. Please pray for me as I will be in charge of five of them: picking them up from the airport, taking them to their hotel as well as several other places, all by metro and bus.
     Finally, I just wanted to tell you a little about what I've learned about World Team. They have ten church plants, all right outside of Paris, kind of forming a circle around it. I think there are about thrity missionaries here associated with World Team, and so far I have met about fifteen. They are incredible people with incredible stories. Several have been here in Paris for just over twenty years. Many have even opened up their homes to us and we've had dinner with them. I even get the wonderful opportunity to be mentored by one of the missionaries who has been here for eleven years. All of the missionaries and interns that I have met have been from the East Coast. I love meeting new people, but I kind of felt a little left out because they all kind of come from the same area. One missionary couple that I met, however, actually grew up in Kansas, and they both went to Kansas State! Even more amazing is that they are moving back to Kansas this summer to work with a church plant in Gardner, which is only like an hour and a half away from Manhattan.
     I'm sorry if this turned out to be kind of long. I really appreciate your prayers! Hopefully I'll be able to send you another update in a few weeks.

Hayley

No comments: