Did our hearts not burn within us?

Did our hearts not burn within us?

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Amazing Grace

This was posted on Steve Camp's blog, and I thought I had to share it with you.

This song has made a huge impact on me, especially after being confronted with the Sovereignty of God, His Holiness, and my total depravity, and bankruptcy. I cry out to God... be merciful to me a sinner. Grace IS truly Amazing. And I think when we often take that for granted, especially when the Gospel isn't preached on a regular basis, or do we really know what the Gospel is??? But, that's a posting or discussion for another time.

Grace and Peace,
Chris Allen
Coram Deo!!!

AMAZING GRACE
...just play the black notes


Here is a stirring story about one of the most beloved
songs of the faith, as told by the one and only Wintley Phipps.
This will bring you tears of joy and merciful godly sorrow.
It will take you down to the depths of God's grace
and then lift you up to the heights of His praise;
something only "slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ" can truly know.


I appreciate my dear brother; but more, I genuinely admire
his uncompromised devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ!

This is the message of Amazing Grace:
"I am a great sinner, He is a greater Savior"

In His Undeserved
Fathomless Grace,
Steve
Romans 5:1-2

No comments: