Did our hearts not burn within us?

Did our hearts not burn within us?

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year - 2008

Here it is the real beginning of a new year when people are back at work, and kids and young adults getting ready to go back to school and college.  It has been a blessed Christmas and Holiday season.  I have had my surgery on December 18, 2007, and I am amazed (and so are many others) at how quickly I have recovered and seen great results from this surgery.  The most anxious part for me is the General Anesthesia.  Especially since you have to sign a form that this procedure alone can cause severe brain damage or even death.  As I awoke in the Recovery Room and I started to realize that's where I was, I started to get tears in my eyes.  I guess I was just overwhelmed with emotions and praising God that I was doing OK.  Later that evening I was able to get up and finally realized that almost all of the pain was gone and I was able to walk without a cane.
 
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as I went through this little uneasy time in my life.  I have found so many blessings that have come out of this and I thank God for this trial and for helping me through it.  I also am truly grateful for my wife who has continued to help me in so many ways. 
 
As for what I am doing right now in terms of studying, I have just started reading "God of Promise" by Michael Horton (White Horse Inn, Modern Reformation Magazine).  I hope to stay on top of it and post some thoughts as I go through it.
 
Grace and Peace to you all!!!
 
Chris
www.Reform-Shire.blogspot.com
Coram Deo!!!

No comments: